Protecting your privacy
At Velvet queen we are 100% committed to protecting your privacy and security.
- We will only use your data to improve your experience
- Protecting your data is our priority
- You decide what and how you hear from us
- If we don’t need your information, we will delete it
What are cookies?
- Cookies are data files that can hold small amounts of info and are stored on your device (computer, smartphone etc) when you first visit a website.
- Cookies help us get to know you better and personalise your experience. Once you agree, the file is added to your computer and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site.
- Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
- A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
How do we use them?
- essential operations, like site navigation
- allowing you to add items to your shopping bag or to your Saved
- Items analysing visitor numbers and behaviours, such as what pages are frequently visited
- assessing the success of our advertising campaigns, offers and communications
- targeting suitable advertising messages
- understanding which affiliates have helped us reach out to new customers, or have promoted our products on their websites.
What types of cookies do we use?
There are four main types:
- Site functionality cookies – these allow you to navigate the site and use our features, such as “Add to Bag” and “Save for Later”.
- Site analytics cookies – these cookies allow us to measure and analyse how our customers use the site, to improve both its functionality and your shopping experience.
- Customer preference cookies – when you’re browsing or shopping, these cookies will remember your preferences (like your language or location), so we can make your shopping experience as seamless as possible, and more personal to you.
- Targeting or advertising cookies – these are used to deliver ads relevant to you. They also limit the number of times that you see an ad and help us measure the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
How can you manage your cookies?
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer; However, this may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website. Cookies also help protect you and other shoppers from fraud.